lun/Volumenames - again with 2.71

Hi,

im on 2.71 and have the same problem again on a G1500 -> https://forum.xorux.com/discussion/637/name-of-an-ldev#latest

But, company regulation tells me that its forbidden to send data :(

We build 4 new Luns, give them a name. Stor2rrd idetify this new luns with the Lun-ID. But no name on the LUNs.
I do the thing from the old thread....and today on that 2 G1500 (GAD) all lun-names are gone. I see only the LUN-Ldev-Ids.

Any ideas how to get the names back?

Thanks !

Comments

• Hi,

Configuration for VSP storage is done every 6 hours. If you want to see new configure before, execute the following commands:

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir

rm data/<STORAGE_ALIAS>/IOSTATS/configuration/config-*touch

wait about 15 minute

then

./load.sh

./load.sh html

refresh GUI.

You should see names of new Luns.

Let us know.

Thank you
  • I do this yesterday but up today there is no new "config*.touch" file. Will try it again
  • Hmmm. Did not work. But i found that in the Logs. Never delete that file. 

Wed Mar 25 00:06:14 2020: XXXXXXX FILE /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/XXXXXXX/HOST/hosts.cfg does not exist : No such file or directory /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/top.pl:1355
    Wed Mar 25 00:06:13 2020: XXXXXXX FILE /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/XXXXXXX/HOST/hosts.cfg does not exist : No such file or directory /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/top.pl:1355

• Hello,

Please send us logs and IOSTATS files from affected storage (storage where you can not see names of luns - please their names).

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir

tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt data/<STORAGE-ALIAS>/IOSTATS/*

gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com

You might even attach screenshots when it helps in understanding of the issue.

Thank you.
  • I just do that on the same day. Still no volume names.