Cluster shared Volumes in Windows Servercluster

Hi everyone,

right now i am testing the windows agent to monitor some of our Systems. I am trying to understand how i can monitor Space usage in a Cluster Environemnt in Windows.

For example i have a fileserver with two nodes node1 and node2. they are the cluster1. and they get cluster shared volumes via ISCSi. 

when i install the agent in the gui i can see the mountend volumes under the nodename. but when the volumes switch from one node to another, it will be monitored under this new node. Is there a possibility to monitor the volumes in a whole instead of only the times when it was connected to the specific node? rigth now i have two graphs in pieces (it gets worse when you have more than 2 nodes)

Hope anyone can help

Best regards Timm

Comments

• Hi,

you should see each volume under each node, with all data, it is at leas how we see that.
    What is your lpar2rrd server and agent versions?
  • Timm
    edited November 2021
    both actual 7.30

tested it today with a new monitored cluster with 2 nodes. "old" node stops monitoring, "new" node starts. also not all drives appear in overview on both nodes. 

agent is installed on node1 with configuration for gathering data from cluster1,node1,node2

• Hi Timm
     send us logs :

Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd # or where is your LPAR2RRD working dir

tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt

gzip -9 logs.tar
     Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.lpar2rrd.com

• Hi, i uploaded the files. 

Another Question regarding the CLusters... shouldnt the menu be like

Hyper-V
       Cluster1
           Node1
           Node2

because in my environment ist is:

Hyper-V
          Node1
          Node2

Clustername not showing anywhere
  • Or do you configure the clusterserver roles?

eg: Clustername,clusterrole1,clusterrole2

instead of : clustername, node1,node2
  • Lost in translation or in misinformation by me and the choices designing the cluster long ago and before my time.

finally it was my fault, the disks were not shared as cluster shared volumes, they are assigned to the virtual server roles. therefore everything is fine with logging. its windows who only assigns the disk to the server, where the virtual server role is runing.

have to think of this in the future when installing windows clusters