Switch Collection too long to complete within 5 minutes ?

Hello,

Since a few days, I guess I have some connection problems with some Brocade switches are the logs are full of

/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_09:50 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:10 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:15 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:20 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:25 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:35 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:50 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_10:55 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:00 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:05 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:10 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:30 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:35 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting
/opt/appstor/stor2rrd_BO/bin/san_stor_load.sh: 2018-09-17_11:40 : too many switch02 processes: sanperf.pl, exiting

However, the config_check runs fine ...

Is there a way to get more detailed log about what is so slow that the collect takes more than 5 minutes ?
Is there a way to see how far the collect has gone ?

Comments

• Hi,

do you see data in the GUI for them?
  • Only a few points :

I'm pretty sure it's a network issue, but maybe stor2rrd could be more verbose when there are timeouts in the snmpwalk ?
  • is that generall issue for all switches?

• Yes for all switches within the same location, others work fine ...
  • Is that happen around 11/12th of Sep on all switches?

Anything has been changed on stor2rrd side?

send us logs for verification if there is any lack of system resource etc.

Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs etc tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com

• Hi Pavel, mbayard

I'm experiencing were similar issue (same I would say). Did you come to any conclusion?
  • Hi,

do you have the latest version 2.50?

if you are on that version already then logs pls.
    Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs etc tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com

• Hello Pavel,

Thanks for the fast response.
    No, I do not have the latest version yet, but i'm planning on updating soon.
    I was curious if mbayard resolved the issue.

• Hi,

there is an enhancement 2.50 which should resolve that.
  • Hi, this will resolve it:

cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd

vi etc/lpar2rrd.cfg

and replace you actual PERL5LIB by this:
      PERL5LIB=/home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin:/home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/vmware-lib:/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl:/usr/share/perl5:/home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/lib

Go to the GUI and confirm that VMware connection test is working.

• sorry, wrong thread, ignore above :)
  • Hi,

As Pavel said, always run the last version because it's always better :)

In my case this was due to a network issue between stor2rrd instance and the datacenter in which switches were located, network team found the problem and everything came back to normal after that :)

Good luck !
  • sure, however 2.50 comes with optimization in the SAN backend which solves similar problem (it might happened even with a good connectivity).
    ok, your problem was on the infra level :)