Upgrade from 2.20 to 2.30

Hi,

I upgraded from 2.20 to 2.30, everything went fine, but the Web Interface doesn't show the "Group by storage type" at the correct place, and the "New" buttons from "Reporter" section/tabs are not doing anything.

I tested on a fresh 2.30 and everything is fine ...

Upgraded :

Fresh Install :

Comments

• can you try it in some other browser?
    It might be some browser caching issue.
  • I'll slap myself, you're correct ... Other browser is fine, and ctrl-f5 in first browser is fine too now :)

Thanks again.
  • mbayard
    edited May 2018
    While looking to this problem, I also noticed in reporter.error.log :

Thu May 24 15:44:30 2018: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/etc/web_config/reporter.json does not exists! Exiting... : No such file or directory
    Thu May 24 16:15:19 2018: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/etc/web_config/reporter.json does not exists! Exiting... : No such file or directory
    Thu May 24 17:15:17 2018: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/etc/web_config/reporter.json does not exists! Exiting... : No such file or directory

which indeed is not where stor2rrd is installed ... dunno if it's important :)
  • this file exists once reporter is configured.
    We should suppress that message if there is no reproter cfg yet.
  • Hi Pavel,

I think I filled everything in the "Reporter" tabs and the configuration was saved :

I created a report but when I tried to Save&Run :

My stor2rrd instance is not located in the homedir of the stor2rrd user, can this be an issue ?

Thanks.
  • ok, this is a bug
    to fix it:
    vi bin/reporter.pl

remove line 13:
    $basedir         = "/home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd";

Then it will work.

• It works now, thanks B)
  • Hi All
    I have a problem with the update, after switching to 2.30, the tool continues to report an error on the asynchronous replicas between an SVC and V7000:

STOR2RRD FlashCopy Error for device v7000,
    STOR2RRD FlashCopy Error for device svc,

Actually we do not have any anomaly but it's just a mistake of stor2rrd snapshot alerting system.

it's possible disable/exclude the Snapshot alerting in a specific storage?

Why does the system recognize this replication mode as an error?
  • Hi,

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd
    cat tmp/snapshotting-status/<storage name>.txt

You can even send it to our support email