load.sh issue with CPU-CORE rrd creation

I'm trying to run load.sh for the first time and getting this error w/ stor2rrd 2.01

RRDp::create read error : /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/data/xx/CPU-CORE/netapp1clus1-01 -processor0.rrd : ERROR: unknown option 'p' at bin/Xorux_lib.pm line 61. : No such file or directory

create_rrd err : unable to create /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/data/xx/CPU-CORE/"netapp1clus1-01 "-processor0.rrd (filesystem is full?) at bin/LoadDataModule.pm: line 1273

looks like it's trying to add an extra space in the middle of the filename

in the config.html there is a space after cluster name like this

Hostadapter Level Configuration
------------------------
name,node_name,node_uuid
0a,"netapp1clus1-01 ",
0b,"netapp1clus1-01 ",

CPU-core Level Configuration
------------------------
cpu,node_name,node_uuid
processor0,"netapp1clus1-01 ",
processor1,"netapp1clus1-01 ",

any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Hi,

ok, I see the problem, your node name contains a space. This would not be a problem, problem is double quotes.

Fix:
    1. install the latest 2.01
    2. get this fix:
    http://www.stor2rrd.com/download/LoadDataModule.pm.gz

Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 801704 Jun 15 09:53 bin/LoadDataModule.pm
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv LoadDataModule.pm.gz LoadDataModule.pm

let it work, the error should disappear.

Let us know, we have not simulated it but it should work.

• jjsk1
    edited June 2017

thanks but no luck yet.  we have checked and there does not appear to be a space at the end of the node name on the netapp.

however some commands for example "system node show" do add a space in the output.  I think the part of stor2rrd that initially reads into %netapp hash needs to trim the node name and remove any quotes or spaces, although I could be wrong.

I have checked some other netapp arrays and they all produce this extra space after node name even though it's not actually part of the name..

from /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/load_netappperf.sh:

Argument ""a8f2d8ca-eaa5-11e4-a465-459d56f1691 "" isn't numeric in division (/) at /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/naperf.pl line 837.
    Argument ""d5ff1992-eaa5-11e4-8e7-d71363c1ed30 "" isn't numeric in division (/) at /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/naperf.pl line 837.
    Use of uninitialized value $RRDp::error_mode in string eq at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/RRDp.pm line 168, <FH> line 431.
    ERROR: /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/data/xx/CPU-CORE/netapp1clus1-01 -processor0.rrd: conversion of '- ' to float not complete: tail '- ' at /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/LoadDataModule.pm line 16740.

and load.sh:

Use of uninitialized value $RRDp::error_mode in string eq at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/RRDp.pm line 168, <FH> line 431.
    xx : load_host failed: ERROR: /usr/local/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/data/xx/CPU-CORE/netapp1clus1-01 -processor0.rrd: conversion of '- ' to float not complete: tail '- ' at bin/LoadDataModule.pm line 16740.
     ./bin/storage.pl:186

• jjsk1
    edited June 2017

if this helps here is how node_name strings are stored in the cache file:

'netapp1clus1-01:clus2' => {
                                                      'node_name' => '"netapp1clus1-01 "',
                                                      'vserver_name' => '"netapp1clus1-01 "',

they have double quotes and a space as part of the string.  many occurrences of the same bad string.  this must be how it's returned from the netapp  

I got the above info from this code

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
    use Storable;
    use Data::Dumper;

my $netapp=retrieve('xx.cache.file');

print Dumper($netapp);

• Hi,

thanks, we will provide a fix soon. Double quotes causing a problem, looks like they are even in UUID string.
  • Jirka
    edited June 2017
    @jjsk1:

could you please provide us with some degug data? Please follow these steps:
    Activate data collection:
    su - stor2rrd
    cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd
    echo "export KEEP_OUT_FILES=1" > etc/.magic
    echo "export DEBUG_FULL=2" >> etc/.magic

Wait for 15 minutes, then send us data for analysis (via https://upload.stor2rrd.com):
    tar cvf dump.tar data/YOUR_FILER_NAME/*perf* \ 
                     data/YOUR_FILER_NAME/*conf*  \
                     data/YOUR_FILER_NAME/*.dump 
    gzip -9 dump.tar
    rm etc/.magic

dump.tar now should contain files like YOUR_FILER_NAME-*.cli.dump and your_filer_name-*.api.dump , that's what we need. 

Don't worry, there will be no private content included.

• Hi, any fix for this issue? I'm getting the same problem...

Thanks!!
  • Hi,

upgrade to this version  till there is released new one
     http://www.stor2rrd.com/download/stor2rrd-2.01-1.tar
    There will be a new version 2.10 release in 2 weeks where it will be also fixed.
    http://www.stor2rrd.com/note210.htm?1.8

• just to finish that thread to help others ...

use this code:
    http://www.stor2rrd.com/download-static/naperf.pl.gz
    Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 99075 Apr 12 13:50 bin/naperf.pl

If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv naperf.pl.gz naperf.pl

wait 10 minutes and then remove this:
    rm data/<storage name>/<storage name>*

After that it will start working