SSH authorization: NOK testing VPLEX

Hi,
I configured the VPLEX storage on virtual appliance v2.60, but when I test the connection in browser configuration page I got this error:

SSH authorization: NOK
Mgmt server time: Sun Jun  7 13:58:27 UTC 2020

th date on the appliance is:

[root@tix-stor2rrd-p1 ~]# date

dom  7 giu 2020, 15.58.28, CEST
But if I test the ssh connection on the appliance I can connect without problem:
[lpar2rrd@tix-stor2rrd-p1 ~]$ ssh vplex-fi
Last login: Sat Jun  6 15:56:56 2020 from 192.168.2.170
lpar2rrd@ManagementServer:~>

API Connection is ok

Any idea?

Regards
Giuseppe

Comments

• Hi,

try this from the command line and send us the output:

cd /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd
    ./bin/config_check.sh <Vplex alias>

NOTE: <Vplex alias> is an alias which you have configured via UI
  • Hi Karel,
    thank you for the answear 

The output of the command is:
    =========================
    STORAGE: vplex: VPLEX
    =========================

Use API = 1
    API connection:
     TCP connection to "vplex-fi.hypertix.local" on port "443" is ok
     vplex_apitest.pl : Configured Cluster "cluster-1" was found via rest api!

API connection OK

SSH connection:
     TCP connection to "vplex-fi.hypertix.local" on port "22" is ok
    ssh -o ConnectTimeout=80 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey -o SendEnv=no lpar2rrd@vplex-fi.hypertix.local -p 22 "LC_ALL=en_US LANG=en_US LC_NUMERIC=en_US id
    "

SSH connection OK

Mgmt server time:
    ssh -o ConnectTimeout=80 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey -o SendEnv=no lpar2rrd@vplex-fi.hypertix.local -p 22 "LC_ALL=en_US LANG=en_US LC_NUMERIC=en_US da
    te"
    Mon Jun  8 07:22:25 UTC 2020

performance monitors:
    ssh -o ConnectTimeout=80 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey -o SendEnv=no lpar2rrd@vplex-fi.hypertix.local -p 22 "LC_ALL=en_US LANG=en_US LC_NUMERIC=en_US ls
    -l /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-*_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-*_VIRTUAL_VOLUMES_PERPETUAL_MONITOR.log"

-rw-r--r-- 1 service users 1021547 Jun  8 07:21 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-1-A_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users 3455863 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-1-A_VIRTUAL_VOLUMES_PERPETUAL_MONITOR.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users  170309 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-1-B_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users 3216962 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-1-B_VIRTUAL_VOLUMES_PERPETUAL_MONITOR.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users 5868012 Jun  8 07:21 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-2-A_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users 5754154 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-2-A_VIRTUAL_VOLUMES_PERPETUAL_MONITOR.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users  216366 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-2-B_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 service users 3011234 Jun  8 07:22 /var/log/VPlex/cli/director-1-2-B_VIRTUAL_VOLUMES_PERPETUAL_MONITOR.log

• Hi,

ok, the connection works properly. What is the issue exactly?
    Connection test via UI show "SSH authorization: NOK"?

Can you share the whole output from the connection test from the stor2rrd UI?

About the different time on the VPLEX mgmt server.
    It's a known issue, we have already seen that before a few times.
    Unfortunately it's not easy to set proper time on the VPLEX mgmt server as we heard.
    We don't have any hints how to set proper time on the VPLEX.
    You have to ask EMC support how to fix the time difference there.
  • Hi Karel,
    yes the "issue" is the "SSH authorization: NOK" via UI.
    Here the whole output:
    API host network connection: TCP connection to vplex-fi.hypertix.local:443 is OK.
    Crontab test: OK

API authorization: OK
    managementIP : 
    version      : 
    serial       : 

API data test: OK
    SSH network connection: TCP connection to vplex-fi.hypertix.local:22 is OK.

Crontab test: OK

SSH authorization: NOK
    Mgmt server time: Mon Jun  8 07:48:35 UTC 2020

As you said before, I think it is due to the different time on the VPLEX mgmt server.

Thank you!

• Hi,

no, different time is not a problem, there is not a test which control time differences.
    That only test if the mgmt server returns date/time via ssh. There should be definetely "SSH authorization: OK". We will fix it in our codes.

Thanks for reporting this issue!
  • Thanks to you!!