FreeNAS reporting wrong data

Hi,
has anyone managed to successfully set up with FreeNAS/TrueNAS? I tried on 2.70-1 and recently reinstalled a new 2.71 but I am having all the wrong data.
In both versions, pools report the wrong size. I have 3 pools, 2 with 1 mirrored vdev and one raidz2. Reported sizes are halved for the mirrors, while the Z2 simply reports less.
On 2.71 also, pools don't have names but simply numbers (!?!). It does not seem to work very well...

Comments

• Hi,

To help us solve this issue, please follow instructions below.

1. Aplly this scrip
    Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rw-r--r-- 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 36579 Apr 23 11:59 freenasperf.pl
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv freenasperf.pl.gz freenasperf.pl

2. wait 15 min and send us logs

How to send logs:

cd /home/stor2rdd/stor2rdd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar
    Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com

3. Post here or send us ( support@stor2rrd.com ) screenshots of right pools capacity in freenas GUI and screenshot of wrong pool names you mentioned.

This will help us solve the problem.

• I just sent you the logs. I will attach here some screenhots.

This is what FreeNAS gui reports. Below is a Zpool list which is more specific:

I also attach here what stor2rrd 2.70 reports as capacity in the configuration tab and what 2.71 reports under "capacity" with the pool ID instead of names. The configuration tab in 2.71 is empty.

This setup has been running for more than 24h and connectivity test for API runs fine.

• Hi, 
    Below are two links for this issue:

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 26506 Apr 30  2020 /mnt/shared/patch/stor2rrd/freenasconf.pl
    -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 7087 Apr 30 12:16 /mnt/shared/patch/stor2rrd/freenasconf.pl.gz

-rw-r--r-- 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 26506 Apr 30 11:39 freenasconf.pl
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv freenasconf.pl.gz freenasconf.pl
    Assure that file size is the same as on above example

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 36597 Apr 30  2020 /mnt/shared/patch/stor2rrd/freenasperf.pl
    -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 9017 Apr 30 12:16 /mnt/shared/patch/stor2rrd/freenasperf.pl.gz

-rw-r--r-- 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 36597 Apr 30 12:13 freenasperf.pl
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv freenasperf.pl.gz freenasperf.pl
    Assure that file size is the same as on above example

After applying wait about 2 hours and check if problems was solved.

In any case send us logs to see if there aren´t any new problems or this capacity issue was solved right.

How to send logs:

cd /home/stor2rdd/stor2rdd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar
    Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com
  • Hi David!
    We applied the patches and now we both have the correct names on the pools AND the reported sizes are correct.
    Thank you!