Possible to Rename a device in STOR2RRD?

I would like to change the name of a storage device within STOR2RRD. For example say the device is now called "v7000-SAN01" in the storage-list.cfg file (see below.) Is it possible to rename the device within STOR2RRD to say "v7000-SAN-A" without loosing all the data already gathered?

v7000-SAN01:SWIZ:192.168.10.10:/home/lpar2rrd/.ssh/id_dsa

I did a test with a device I newly added a couple hours after it had been collecting. The old name and it's couple hours worth of data were gone. The new name appeared after the 10 min wait and a run of the load.sh. The data behind the new name started fresh. Not a big deal for my test, but I wouldn't want to loose weeks or months of history.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd
    cd data
    mv

Then change name in etc/storage-list.cfg (just alias)

./load.sh html
    regresh the web browser Ctrl-F5 when load finishes
  • So you mean I just need to mv the old dir name which is the alias in storage-list.cfg to the new alias (name) then change it in the cfg as well. After a load.sh everything will be in order?

Looking in this folder I see the old name there now. Since I didn't follow your process earlier, can I just delete the old folder which matches the old alias? This is purely cleanup from the test I did earlier.

I will use this same new device (at its current alias) to follow your process above to see how it works.

Thanks
  • if you have already collected some data under old name and new data under new name then it cannot be merged.
    You either delete old data with its history and keep new one or delete new name with renaming the old one to keep old data (and lose data under new name)