Can't locate SNMP.pm in @INC

Running the following Redhat release.

$ cat redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6 (Maipo)

When I run the config_check.sh script, I receive the following:

=========================
SWITCH: 10.240.208.100
=========================
  UDP connection to "10.240.208.100" on port "161" is ok

san_verify.pl:
Can't locate SNMP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/lib /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/SNMP_lib.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/SNMP_lib.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/san_verify.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/app/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/san_verify.pl line 7.
  connection failed!!
  Check network connectivity and user access

I have updated the openssl package and still receive the same results. The switch is a Cisco MDS-9148. The snmpwalk utility confirms connectivity and I can ping this switch. I have searched for the SNMP.pm module and have not found it. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi,

you have to install SNMP support modules as per docu:

# umask 0022
    # yum install net-snmp
    # yum install net-snmp-utils
    # yum install net-snmp-perl

• As you can see below, I have two of the three packages installed. The net-snmp-perl does not install.

# yum list | grep net-snmp
    net-snmp.x86_64               1:5.7.2-43.el7   @rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-agent-libs.x86_64    1:5.7.2-43.el7   @rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-libs.x86_64          1:5.7.2-43.el7   @rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-utils.x86_64         1:5.7.2-43.el7   @rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-agent-libs.i686      1:5.7.2-43.el7   rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-devel.i686           1:5.7.2-43.el7   rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-devel.x86_64         1:5.7.2-43.el7   rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
    net-snmp-libs.i686            1:5.7.2-43.el7   rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases

# yum install net-snmp-perl
    Loaded plugins: amazon-id, product-id, rhui-lb, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
    This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use subscription-manager to register.
    rhui-REGION-client-config-server-7                                                                                                              | 2.9 kB  00:00:00
    rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases                                                                                                                | 3.5 kB  00:00:00
    rhui-REGION-rhel-server-rh-common                                                                                                               | 3.8 kB  00:00:00
    (1/2): rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases/7Server/x86_64/updateinfo                                                                               | 3.4 MB  00:00:00
    (2/2): rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases/7Server/x86_64/primary_db                                                                               |  60 MB  00:00:01
    No package net-snmp-perl available.
    Error: Nothing to do

This is a VM running in AWS. I am not sure if AWS will allow this package to install. Any further recommendations?

• Hi,

read manual, just a line below is writen what probably affecting you as you have RHEL

===========================
    Note you might need to allow optional repositories on RHEL to yum can find it

# subscription-manager repos --list
    # subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
    ============================

• I was able to enable the required repository and install the net-snmp-perl package. Thanks for your assistance.

• your welcome :)