LAN monitoring feature

Hi devs,

very appreciate the new LAN monitoring feature introduced with 2.40! We're currently monitoring more than 150 Cisco and Fortinet switches, routers and firewalls.

I found one issue I'm not able to figure out the root cause. For some old Cisco switches (like 2950 series) and some Fortinet devices (like Fortigate 30D, 30E, 60D, 60E and newer), the Configuration page remains empty as well as the device isn't listed in "Totals | Configuration". Several other Cisco and Fortigate models (like Fortigate 20C, 60B, 60C, 200B, 800) do not show this issue. Having a look to the data folder shows that there's simply no config.cfg file existing for the affected devices and based on that no html file is being created. Since there are no related log file entries, I guess the script which generates cfg and html files aborts for some reason. Any clue on this?

Another issue with Cisco 1841 devices: They're not recognized as Cisco devices. Not really important since all parameters are being read from the device correctly though.

Many thanks,

Elix

Comments

• Hi Elix,
    Send us logs please. Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.
    cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs etc tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com