Exclude backup volumes and LUNs from collection

Hello,

I am currently evaluationg stor2rrd. We are using Veeam storage integration for backing up the data. The mechanism creates temporary volumes and LUNs on the storage which are added to stor2rrd automatically. This uses a lot of diskspace.

Is there a posibility to exclude volumes and LUNs which begin with a specific pattern? How can I delete the data from the temporary volumes and LUNs stor2rrd has already collected (or does stor2rrd this automatically after a specific timeframe)?

Regards

Comments

• Hi,

is there any specific patern for such temporary volumes?
    if so and if this is general feature applicable everywhere where VEEAM is used then this could be relatively easilly implemented.

Already collected volumes need to be deleted manually (via a script).
    Let us know volume patern and we will help you.

Better contact us directly via support email http://www.stor2rrd.com/contact.htm?3.1

• It should affect all users of storage integration for NetApp in Veeam.

Volumes begin with VeeamAUX_
    LUNs, there I saw two behaviours:
    - /vol/<VOLUMENAME>/VeeamAUX_<VOLUMENAME>_<BACKUPSPECIFIC>
    - /vol/VeeamAUX_<VOLUMENAME>_<BACKUPSPECIFIC>/<LUNNAME>

At least according to luns.col and volumes.col, currently no backups are running.

I will also drop a mail to the support.

• Hi,

we will have a look and provide you a patch in coule of days.
  • Here is the patch which will include all Veeam snapshots.
    It will be included in next version (2.35).
    However this does not include deleting already created files with Veeam volumes.
    Do you want to delete them as well , right?

Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)

-rwxrwxr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 99559 Jul 31 11:59 bin/naperf.pl
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv naperf.pl.gz naperf.pl
    Assure that file size is same as above listed one

• Hi,
    thank you for the patch, I just installed it and will monitor the behaviour. I just deleted and readded the two netapps because we were running out of disk space, so no need to cleanup. But if you have something ready, perhaps somebody else could use this information.
  • Hi,
    works like a charm.