Use Existing Account

In the setup guide it states creating a new "monitoring" role and user but we already have a monitoring role for another system.  I would prefer to use it's existing password instead of utilizing the perl command for creating secure password.  Since we have a lot of clusters I don't really want to go and create a new role, new user and apply SSH registry on each controller.  I have realized I can edit the etc/stor2rrd.cfg and change the PreferredAuthenicationMedthods from "passkey" to "password" and when I run the config check it prompts me for the password and everything is accepted ACCEPT after "Testing API Connection..." it states "ERROR (date) na_apitest.pl: API test failed: Unauthorized".  I have double checked that the local NetApp user does have ontapi permissions so I'm not sure what's happening.  If I do use that same account, add the SSH keys to the controller and use the Perl script to create a secure password everything checks out when I run the config check.  So what am I missing?  How/can I use an existing local account and password?
Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

PreferredAuthenicationMedthods  change does not help.
    You can use existing account, that is not a problem, but it must have all necessary rights like is described in the docu and must have allowed ssh key based access as well.
    We use ssh access and API access, both must work. No other way for now.

We are going to use some NetApp central management console (not sure how it is called exactly)  for all data downloads in the future, then you will not need to connect each storage, just this central management.
    It is going to be released in Q3 2018.