DS3400 and DS3000

Stor2rrd work find with  my DS3500
But with my DS3000 ans 3400 it dont work

Thu Apr 12 11:05:19 2018: SMcli command failed: "/opt/IBM_DS/client/SMcli -n XXX -e -c "set session performanceMonitorInterval=300 performanceMonitorIterations=1 ; show llLogicalDrives performanceStats;" 2>/dev/null" : /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/ds5perf.pl:1124 :
Thu Apr 12 11:05:19 2018: g script...Could not communicate with the controllers of Storage Subsystem XXX to complete this request.Possible cause
s include network or connection problems, controller problems or no power to the host or storage subsystem. Check these possible causes and then retry the
 operation. If you suspect a controller problem, use the Recovery Guru to resolve the problem.The command at line 1 that caused the error is:show allLogic
alDrives performanceStats;Script execution halted due to error.SMcli failed. : /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/ds5perf.pl:1125 :

When i test my config :

[lpar2rrd@xorux stor2rrd]$ ./bin/config_check.sh
=========================
STORAGE: XXX: DS5K
=========================
  /opt/IBM_DS/client/SMcli -n XXX -e -c "show hostTopology;"
  connection ok

In my config   ( storage-list.cfg ) file i have :

XXX:DS5K:

Best regard.
Toufic.

Comments

• Hi,

what retuns this? Do you see all storages?
    SMcli -d

• Hi.

[lpar2rrd@xorux tmp]$ /opt/IBM_DS/client/SMcli -d
    XXX       x.x.x.x

Yes i see all storages.

• would say that the problem is that you have configured just 1 controler (1 IP), see below example:

$ SMcli -A 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3
                    New storage subsystem was discovered at address 1.1.1.2
                    New storage subsystem was discovered at address 1.1.1.3
                    SMcli completed successfully

$ SMcli -d
                    DS3500_name  ControlerA_hostname  ControlerB_hostname

Try this (place there even IP of the second controller) for each storage (-X removes it)
            $ SMcli -X 181853A-78K1Y1V-ds5300s1
    `       $ SMcli -A  181853A-78K1Y1V-ds5300s1 <IP of the first controller> <IP of the second controller>
            $ SMcli -d

• Thanks you.
    It work with this modification.

Best regards.
    Toufic;