manually import performance/config data?

Is it possible to manually import any set of performance- and configuration data into STOR2RRD?
I'm running several health checks for people and the idea is to have a "standalone" installation of store2rrd on my
server. For example one has Hitachi storage (g200) and ask me for help my idea is to get perf- and conf-data with me
and import in my store2rrd server at my (very little) datacenter. Is there any way to do so? thx

Comments

• Hi,

well, it would be somehow possible
    There is a proxy feature http://www.stor2rrd.com/proxy-agent.html

1. you would have to install stor2rrd instance on the customer site just to collect storage data
    2. then you can grab collected data (in txt format) time by time, transfer to your instance and import it

It is only the way, is that something you are looking for?
  • yes - but customer normally do not want to install any agent or software. And it's possible to export the data with native command (EMC, Hitachi, etc.). That's why I raised
    the question for importing to a local stor2rrd instance. Wherever possible I am going to 
    install everything onsite - so there is no need for. But for some special cases it's not possible to deploy any piece of software - that time export data and taking with you
  • forgot to ask: can you pls. point me to a how-to or documentation of the "import" process? did not found that so far, sorry
  • no, there is not posible to collect data just with storage commands and then import it to stor2rrd.
    Data must be collected by stor2rrd storage agent.

if you still want a procedure then let me know.
  • yes - pls. let me know in that case
  • sent via email
  • many thanks Pavel!!