Setting up V3700 - assistance with instructions

Hi, I'm trying to set up the V3700 for collection and I'm stuck at this step.
  • 1) Copy ssh-key into the storage under storage superuser
    In case of IBM Storwize V7000 Unified use one of "Control Enclosure" IPs (definitelly not "File Module" IP). 
    Detailed description of IBM Storwize V7000 Unified.
    $ scp ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub superuser@[svc/storwize control enclosure IP]:/tmp/123tmp

• 2) Create new user "stor2rrd" on the storage (lpar2rrd in case of Virtual Appliance)
    $ ssh superuser@[svc|storwize control enclosure IP address] "svctask mkuser -name stor2rrd -usergrp Administrator -keyfile /tmp/123tmp"  

1)When I try the scp command above (from what I understand this is run from inside STOR2RRD - I am using as appliance) I get the following:

[lpar2rrd@xorux etc]$ scp ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub superuser@[svc|10.1.0.25]:/tmp/123  -bash: 10.1.0.25]:/tmp/123:
No such file or directory

I also noticed above  that in the instructions above one line it's showing [svc/storwize...] the next line [svc|storwize..]. Do I use slash / or straight | line? I don't follow the naming convention here, sorry it's confusing.

I logged in to my V3700 with superuser, I can't even switch to /tmp or /tmp/123 folder, I get an error:
rbash: cd: restricted

Not quite sure how to move the key over to the V3700. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate some assistance, as I am also taking notes on my process.

2)Tried this from STOR2RRD and it doesn't work:

[lpar2rrd@xorux etc]$ ssh superuser@[svc|10.1.0.25] "svctask mkuser -name lpar2rrd -usergrp Administrator -keyfile /tmp/123tmp"
-bash: 10.1.0.25]: command not found
ssh: Could not resolve hostname [svc: Name or service not known

Guys, what am I missing here?

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

cmd is wrong, in the manual is only general example, use it like that (replace IP with your hostanme/IP)
    scp ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub superuser@10.1.0.25:/tmp/123

• Thanks Pavel, that fixed everything, I was able to complete the installation and all is working good so far!