LPAR2RRD Docker Image

Good Day,

I am testing LPAR2RRD but via Docker. Can I assume that no data will be persistent ... and therefore I would like to ask if anyone has done anything that uses persistent storage.

We are primarily using it the VMWare component ...

Thanks

Shaun

Comments

• Hello,
    you can mount host directory into a container using -v parameter:
    docker run -d -p 80:80 -v /your/dir/on/host:/home xorux/apps
    Using this you'll have homedir (and all LPAR2RRD/STOR2RRD data) out of the container.
  • Thanks ... I was going to go through normal installation docs to see what paths used.

• Nope ... that is not working ... even trying the following :

docker run -d -p 8080:80 -v /data/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd:/home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/data -v /data/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd:/home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/data xorux/apps

Can I assume that when the container starts, files are extracted and installed within :

/home/lpar2rrd

Example error doing your method :

[da001903@poc000233 ~]$ docker run -d -p 8080:80 -v /data/lpar2rrd:/home xorux/apps
    28acef67d9ee442292c53784ff76ee36171563e0ddaf4b20b0494c86fac02170
    docker: Error response from daemon: invalid header field value "oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused \"chdir to cwd (\\\"/home/stor2rrd\\\") set in config.json failed: no such file or directory\"\n".

Creating the missing directory removes error but still leaves a non functioning website ...
  • Ok ... bit of a cheat. I used the build doc for the docker image to rebuild what it did in /home and recreated it in /data/lpar2rrd and mounted that in /home ... worked ... but not ideal.