Stor2rrd doesn't retrieve data from some Hitachi boxes with ExportTool2

Hello!

We've recently received a couple new Hitachi boxes so I added them to stor2rrd straight away. Connection test was successful, new devices appeared in the menu, but no data was retrieved. As we are using CCI + ExportTool, I conclude that CCI works well but ExportTool does not.

Looking into /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/logs I see similar error messages recorded for both boxes:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.hitachi.exporttool.cli.Main

Fri Apr 21 13:20:04 2023: command failed: java - classpath "./exportTool.jar":"./external/log4j-core-2.8.2.jar":"./external/log4j-api-2.8.2.jar":"./external/commons-codec-1.12.jar":"./external/lz4-1.3.0.jar" com.hitachi.exporttool.cli.Main "$@" 256 /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/vspgperf.pl:5935 : Inappropriate ioctl for device

Stor2rrd works just fine with about a dozen of other Hitachi boxes we have, including g700, g/f900 as well as two other G350s so it's highly unlikely that our exporttool installation is broken. I also tried launching exporttool2 manually against new storages (show interval, export data) as the stor2rrd user and it works without issues. Seems like nothing is wrong with the boxes themselves, it's just that stor2rrd isn't able to start the exporttool with them for some reason.

We are using stor2rrd 7.51 under RHEL 7.8.