Support for NetApp C-Mode SVM (VServer) Details and Metrics?

Is there any plan to include SVM details and performance metrics on NetApp C-Mode systems? The ability to gather physical node information is great, but without SVM details the only way to figure out which SVM is generating most of the load is to look at Volume IO.

On a positive note, it seems that your product may also work with ONTAP 9 because it appears to be gathering all the details from our new NetApp AFF8060. The one exception is that I don't see drives, but AFF is All Flash so technically SSDs standing in for spinning drives. Have you tested with either ONTAP 9 or AFF models?

Thanks

Comments

• Thanks for confirming ONTAP 9, we have not internally tested it.
    We would need to check why disappeared drives. We will ask you for some data later on.

Regarding SVM. There might be some SVM metrics but no one has required that untill now. Let us check out possibilities, if there is data per SVM then we will include it. We will let you know next week.
  • Hi,

just want to confirm that SVM stats will be included in next release 1.35 http://www.stor2rrd.com/note135.htm?1.6

We wil look at SSD hdisks yet.

• It's taken me a while to get back here, but unfortunately it appears that ONTAP 9 isn't quite working right. It does appear that I see all the Aggrs, Vols, Ports and now SVMs represented. I'm not seeing any gathered data beyond Capacity on the Aggrs.

If you would like logs in order to see what is different in ONTAP 9 I may be able to provide them.

Thanks
  • pls logs.

Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.
    What do you miss? Pool --> Capacity?
    It might be related to SSD disk usage which we have not implemented yet.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd          # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    find data -exec ls -ld {} \; > tmp/list_data.txt
    ps -ef |egrep "2rrd|svc|xiv|ds8|ds5|hus|vspg|netapp|horcm" >> tmp/list_data.txt
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs etc tmp/*txt tmp/*out # do not miss "h" option in tar
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com