LPAR2RRD charts for AIX not reflecting unassigned resources

I've been running LPAR2RRD version 7.20 to monitor my AIX Power systems and for the most part it's been running very well and my error log at the moment is clean.  The only small issue I started seeing with version 7.2 is that some of my system CPU pool charts are no longer reflecting the CPU's/COREs that are unassigned (which usually show in yellow) but rather only shows everything in green as in active/assigned resources.  Not sure exactly how to correct or change this. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Attaching a before and after Chart Image to show what I'm seeing

• Hi,

send me please output of an API command. Insert the link in your browser and substitute the HMC_IP with the actual IP or hostname. Login then as lpar2rrd user.

https://HMC_IP/rest/api/uom/ManagedSystem

Copy&paste the output XML into a file and send it to support@lpar2rrd.com with a link to this thread.

Also, send me these two outputs in the e-mail. Adjust the managed system name.

ssh lpar2rrd@HMC_IP "lshwres -r procpool -m <ManagedSystemName>"
    ssh lpar2rrd@HMC_IP "lshwres -r proc -m <ManagedSystemName> --level pool"
  • I think I may have found the source of the issue.
    I had not enabled the Allow remote access via the web box for the LPAR2RRD user account on the HMC's.
    I have corrected this on all the HMC's and rebooted the LPAR2RRD LPAR.
    Let me see if that corrects the issue.
  • Jan_Dvorak,

After enabling the Allow remote access via the web box for the LPAR2RRD user account on the HMC's I am still seeing the same issue.
    I sent an email with the API error log.  Have you had a chance to look it over?  It is odd that the CPU chart on my dashboard reflects the unassigned resources correctly but when I check it on the server itself it doesn't show it.
  • Jan_Dvorak,
    After upgrading to the 7.3 version this has fixed almost all my issues along with a dramatic improvement/reduction in system utilization on my LPAR2RRD LPAR. The only issue I'm seeing now with the 7.3 version is when using the server configuration Feature. It appears that three of the Info features are not working (Quick info, Overview and Detail) for any of our Power servers.  It just gives comes up as undefined when you click on any of those three options as shown below. Any idea what could be causing that?