Linux Report For Physical Servers

Good Day,

While the majority of our servers are virtual, we do have a a significant number of physical servers.

I need to generate a report for some physical servers but reporting tool does not have them available for selection. How do I run a report against physical Linux servers ?

Regards

Comments

• Hi,

you should see Linux physical servers in the UI: menu --> Linux
    there is also historical report

• Good Day,

Nothing there. I am on version :

7.00-2

Regards
  • are you sure you have any OS agent installed on a physical server (i.e. it is not part of other virtualisation technology you have under lpar2rrd)?
  • Afternoon,

Yes ... I have a VMWare section and a Linux section. Under the Linux section I have 19 servers.

Should I have something in cron ?

Regards
  • Hi,

ok, and what is the problem exactly? Are you misisng Historical report item?
    What is your lpar2rrd version?
  • Good Day,

I need to run reports for new servers added and cannot. My version as stated earlier is :

7.00-2

Under Linux section there are just all the physical servers and no object "Historical reports". I figured it was just never catered for since not in the Reporting section.

Regards
  • Upgrade to the latest 7.10, you shoudl get Reporting there (however it should be already in 7.00 as well).
    But if you use free edition then this would be useless for you anyway as the free edition does not allow you make Historical reports
  • Good Day,

Ok ... I use free edition so that would explain things.

Regards
  • well, not really, even in the free edition should be "Historical report" item present, however not working one.

from your point it makes no any change

here is list of free edition restrictions: https://lpar2rrd.com/support.php