STOR2RRD setup issue with IBM DS8000

I am trying to configure STOR2RRD to connect to our new DS8000 arrays. I have followed the installation instructions, including installing dscli on the STOR2RRD server. The problem I am running into is that we are required by our security department to use LDAP for all users (except admin). In order to implement LDAP on the DS8000, there cannot be any local users.

I have tried setting up an LDAP backed user and was able to login to the DS8000 Management Console with the credentials, but when I try to connect with the dscli from the STOR2RRD server, I get that "CMUN00018E Unable to connect to the management console server" message. Is there something I need to do or have configured on the DS8000 to allow dscli to login with the user and password I created?

Comments

• nice one, are you able to run dscli from the stor2rrd server?

• No, that is an issue. I have tried both as the root user and the stor2rrd user. I keep getting that generic "CMUN00018E Unable to connect to the management console server" message. There is no firewall to deal with and the connection test to port 1751 comes back as OK:

[stor2rrd@naentstorld01 ~]$ perl /var/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/conntest.pl 10.100.110.115 1751

TCP connection to "10.100.110.115" on port "1751" is ok

I can also run a successful ping from the stor2rrd server to the DS8000 management console which rules out any network issues.

• make sure there is even open port 1750

are you sure that your DSCli version is compatible with firmware version of the storage

if both above are correct then involve IBM support to make work DSCli, it is all an IBM SW and HW, we are not able to support iot.

As soon as DSCli is working then you can use it in stor2rrd and configure the storage.

• Ok, there is a mismatch in the versions of DSCLI. The DS8000 is running version 7.9.31.54, while the newest version in the link in the install instructions is 7.7.21.39 and is from 2014. Do you know of a different download location I could use? I am not sure any DS8000s are running that old a version of DSCLI.

• ask your IBM representatives to get proper DSCli version.