Active Directory support - plus sign in OU -> error

Hi Xorux Team!
We use a plus sing in our standard OU structure in our Active Directory.
OU=\+AdminUser,DC=company,DC=com
The plus sign is escaped with a slash of course.

If we try to add this ou, the Active Directory test fails. A test OU without special signs is just fine.
Because of many other applpication we can't remove the plus sign for now.

Maybe you can check your code to fix this issue. Maybe other users will have the same issue with other special signs.

Thx for your help.

Connecting to host: dco.company.com/10.1.1.1:636
org.springframework.ldap.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100241, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'DC=company,DC=com' ]; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100241, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'DC=company,DC=com' ]; remaining name 'OU=\+AdminUser,DC=company,DC=com'

LDAP setup test result: FAIL
A component of the name OU=\+AdminUser,DC=company,DC=com cannot be resolved because it is not bound. Please check entered values if there is correpsonding representation on LDAP server.

Comments

• as a workaround, try to move OU=\+AdminUser from Base DN to Group Base and User Base
  • Same error when populating Group base and User base with OU=\+AdminUser,DC=company,DC=com

If i just enter DC=company,DC=com to base DN  .. i receive following error:

org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name '/'

LDAP setup test result: FAIL
    Operation could not be completed. Please check entered values /, try narrowing search scope by specifying user and group base DN or try with global catalog URL.

• I meant to move just OU=\+AdminUser to Group Base and User Base while keeping DC=company,DC=com in Base DN

If you wish to leave Group&User Base empty, try to use port 3269
  • same error with wove OU=\+AdminUser to Group Base and User Base while keeping DC=company,DC=com in Base DN
    Also same error with port 3269 instead 636