Virtual Fabric switch entry not appearing

Hi,
I have followed the setup instructions to monitor multiple VF's on my IBM SAN384B-2 switches (Brocade DCX-4S).

1. I have added snmpuser1 to the switches
2. snmpuser1 has user access to my two VF's 4 & 128
3. in san-list.cfg  i have enabled SNMP3
4. in san-list.cfg  i have specified snmpuser1 on the entry which contains the switch that i want to monitor two VF's '10.xxx.xxx.xxx:snmpuser1:BRCD:

All switch ports assigned to VF4 and VF128 are being monitored by Stor2rrd but they are all grouped into one switch name 'FABRICSWITCH1VF128'.

Is this normal behaviour or should I see a switch entry on the web page for 'FABRICSWITCH1VF128' containing the VF:128 ports and 'FABRICSWITCH1VF4' containing the VF:4 ports?

Comments

• Hi,

pls post how does look san-list.cfg for that switch and a screenshot from the GUI.
  • Hi,
    san-list.cfg is as follows (each line is a physical DCX-4s chassis)
    SNMP_VERSION=3
    10.252.35.80:snmpuser1:BRCD:Fabric_A
    10.252.35.83:snmpuser1:BRCD:Fabric_B
    10.252.35.86:snmpuser1:BRCD:
    10.252.35.108:snmpuser1:BRCD:

In the GUI, instead of creating a new entry for the VF4 fabric it has just added the VF4 ports to the VF128 switch.

• Hi,

The tool shows all ports under 1 physical box together include virtual fabric ports.

Is that answer your question? woudl you expect other behaviour?
  • interestingly after a day or so two out of the four VF4 switches have appeared but they are not logging any data and they do not list the correct ports. The VF4 ports listed on the VF128 switches are logging data instead

• youmunt
    edited December 2016
    Issue resolved.
    To force Stor2RRD to display each Virtual Fabric as a seprate switch entry you need to create a new SNMPUSERxx account for each VF you want to monitor and assign ONLY the VF you want to access to that account. In SAN-List.cfg add an entry for each VF on the switch with the accounts you have created.

SNMP_VERSION=3
    1.2.3.4:snmpuser1:BRCD:
    1.2.3.4:snmpuser2:BRCD:

I can now see each VF switch separately and they display the correct port assignments

• Great. That is solution. Thx.

Do you know how create user for snmp v3 to be part of:

SNMPv3 USM configuration:
    User 1 (rw): snmpadmin1
            Auth Protocol: noAuth
            Priv Protocol: noPriv
    User 2 (rw): snmpadmin2
    User 3 (rw): snmpadmin3