Old Hosts in Menu - New Host not appearing

Good Afternoon,,

Originally added a host ending in IP .20 which belonged to pool XAD_DC2. I removed this host from the GUI config but it is still displaying in the menu.

I have now configured a new host ending in .52 which has passed all the setup tests for SSH and HTTPS but it is not appearing in the menu

Many thanks

Siân

Comments

• Hi,

what storage type it is about?

BTW new host might appear next day in the menu in some cases. try Ctrl-F5 in the browser next day
  • This is in lpar2rrd system when adding a new xenserver host, i'm not sure where it is referencing this old host from as it was deleted a few weeks ago and unfortunately the new host has still not appeared yet. 
  • Update - i have now got the new xenserver in the menu for xormon but not lpar2rrd ( i think this is because it is our test host and does not have a pool setup it is just a singular host) as even though the gui reported the connection working after testing xen-test-ssh.sh I found that the local account didn't have the correct permissions so now using root.

The old xenserver host is still showing in the config but there is no configuration set for it from what I can see. it was removed a few weeks ago. Is there any refresh i can use to remove it?
  • Hi,

do you use XorMon, or only LPAR2RRD?

In LPAR2RRD itself, performance data is retained for 3 months since the last update, and the item is included in the menu as long as it is reported by any host, such as another host in the pool, even if you are not fetching data from it directly (it is not set up in Host configuration).

A new host should appear about an hour after the first load_xenserver.sh run, though.

Can you send us logs to look into it?

cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd # or where your LPAR2RRD working dir is
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt tmp/*json
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.lpar2rrd.com

• siancathy92
    edited March 2021
    Hiya i  have setup both xormon and lpar2rrd products. The xormon data is being read from the lpar2rrd back end.

The old host is part of a pool but not one including the test host we have so I wouldn't expect it to be picking it up.

Logs uploaded
  • siancathy92
    edited March 2021
    As of this morning the new host has appeared in LPAR2RRD, and old one has diappeared just needed time. Thanks for your help with this
  • Hi,

that is good to hear.

Based on the provided logs, I figured that a new menu had not been created yet. If you want to speed things up, you can run ./load.sh html in the LPAR2RRD directory to force menu updates.