undefined value as an ARRAY

Hi there.

I implemented lpar2rrd appliance to monitor our Citrix XenServer infrasturture. But ihave problem that ther is no data in Web GUI. In error.log-xen i have repeating those messages. Can anybody know what to do with it ?

XenServer XAPI2JSON: 0 timeouted.
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/xen-json2rrd.pl line 76.

Comments

• Hello,

this might be a problem with the connection or fetching data from XenServers.

Have you configured connection to XenServer host(s) according to installation instructions (tab XenServer/Citrix)? Can you post the output of Connection Test (and/or run the corresponding sshtest.sh command suggested by the Connection test output window)?

If so and all the connection tests successfully pass, we will look at fetched data in the data/XEN_iostats directory to check, if it is incomplete, corrupted, or has some other issue.

• Hi David.

I have configured connections to Xen host according to installation instructions. 

Test connection is successfull on all hosts (total 22). Attaching a screenshot one of them.

Also ssh test work normally:

{"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.37 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.9 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.10 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.11 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.12 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.13 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.14 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.15 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.38 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.39 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.3.40 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.37 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.9 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.10 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.11 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.12 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.13 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.14 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.15 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.38 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.39 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}
    {"success":1,"error":"User root@10.10.4.40 has successfully authenticated.","log":""}

Attaching file with fetched data.

• Hi Daniel,

if you look in the XEN_iostats/json directory, you can see that one host reports empty performance data (the corresponding file is only ca. 8.5 kB in size).

Apply this patch (follow the instructions below) to skip such incomplete performance files:

https://download.lpar2rrd.com/patch/xen-json2rrd.pl.gz

Gunzip it and copy to /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin (755, lpar2rrd owner)

-rwxrwxr-x 1 lpar2rrd lpar2rrd 9142 24. dub 16.01 bin/xen-json2rrd.pl

If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv xen-json2rrd.pl.gz xen-json2rrd.pl

Assure that file size is the same as on above example

• danielpogac
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for patch. I will investigate reason why on host returning empty performance. Can you help me with identification of problem? These data are fetched by SSH or API ?
  • I allready found a problem. On the host which not return any performance data was desynchronized time. This was the cause why not return any performance data. Thank you for your help.