Multi graph pool agg rrdtool error : ERROR: Legend too long

Hello together,

after migrating LPAR2RRD from AIX to Linux (and try of migration of data), I get for  Pool0 (Default-Pool) and one additional pool containing 16 LPARs the error message "HMC1: Multi graph pool agg rrdtool error : ERROR: Legend too long at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl line 12761. /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl:12764" in TAB "LPARS aggregagated".
The other pools are displayed correct. Can anybody help?

Comments

• Hi,

what is your rrdtool version?
    Upgrading to 1.1.6+ will resolve it.
  • installed is:
    # yum list installed | grep rrd
    lpar2rrd-agent.noarch            6.11-4                  installed
    rrdtool.x86_64                   1.4.8-9.el7             @rhel-7-server-eus-rpms
    rrdtool-perl.x86_64              1.4.8-9.el7             @rhel-7-server-eus-rpms

that is greater than 1.1.6

• Hi,

sorry, meant 1.6+
  • Hello Pavel,

thank you for your answer. But why does the other Pools are displayed with the same version?
    I tried to install rrdtool version 1.7, but this seems only work only on RHEL 8, not on RHEL 7 used here and 1.4.8 looks like the latest rpm version for our rhel.
  • Hi,

try to use this:

# yum install rrdtool-1.7.1-0.1.el7.x86_64.rpm compat-librrd4-1.5.5-0.2.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm rrdtool-perl-1.7.1-0.1.el7.x86_64.rpm

# rrdtool
    RRDtool 1.7.1  Copyright by Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch>

• Hello Pavel, thank you for your friendly support. 

I copied the files to local server not to be forced to connect to Internet repo and created a new local repo. Then I had to use "yum install --nogpgcheck …" and then it works fine.

The error message has gone and the pool graphs are displayed.