Cisco MDS 9710 setup & test works but load_sanperf.sh not doing anything and GUI not showing

point7
edited December 2019 in SAN
We have 4 Cisco MDS SAN switches. I can add them in the GUI, and all the checks pass successfully but nothing appears in the GUI even after 24 hours. Running ./bin/config_check.sh <Switch IP> does nothing. They are all running SNMP v1/2c.

These SAN switches in GUI had previously worked on v2.52. However new SAN administrators changed the SNMP string from public to something that has !#%$ special characters. We only received the new SNMP string after the upgrade to the latest version of stor2rrd 2.61.

Please advise. Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

Send us logs pls. 
    Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com
  • Upload has been done. I have setup a new VM with Centos 7 and stor2rrd2.61 but still the same problem.
  • Hello,

Try this fix (connection test)

https://download.stor2rrd.com/patch/config_check.sh.gz
    Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 129638 10. pro 09.02 config_check.sh
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv config_check.sh.gz config_check.sh

after copy script to bin directory

./bin/config_check.sh <Switch IP>

Let us know.

Thank you
  • I have put in the new script, kind of works on the cmd line if I take out the '' from around the pass in the GUI but then the GUI check fails.

• I have also tried running the load_sanperf.sh and load.sh manually but nothing happens
  • Hello,

Here are fixes:

https://download.stor2rrd.com/patch/load_sanperf.sh.gz
    Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 6681 10. pro 09.19 load_sanperf.sh
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv load_sanperf.sh.gz load_sanperf.sh

https://download.stor2rrd.com/patch/DeviceConnTest.pm.gz
    Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 166013 10. pro 10.34 DeviceConnTest.pm
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv DeviceConnTest.pm.gz DeviceConnTest.pm

after copy scripts

1. test the connection from the GUI (take out the '' from community string)

2. wait about 20 minutes then

./load.sh

refresh GUI

You should see data in GUI.

Let us know.

Thank you

• I am busy testing and will post results once I have some conclusions. Just as an aside I noticed something else related to this. When adding a SAN switch, if I run

./bin/config_check.sh <SAN Switch Alias name> nothing happens

but if I run

./bin/config_check.sh <SAN Switch IP> then it runs fine.

For storage and LAN, this works interchangeably using either name or IP and gives results on both.

Please let me know if I should post this in a separate topic?
  • Not sure where something has gone wrong. In the fresh test VM once I apply the fixes provided everything works fine. However in the current PROD setup which ahs been upgraded all the way from 2.50 up to the latest, the scripts run, given over two hours of sanperf.sh, first load.sh runs but it doesnt generate all the files and comes up with this error

alert last_rec : MDS-S01 : /opt/stor2rrd/data/MDS-S01/last_rec does not exists!
    alert last_rec : MDS-S02 : /opt/stor2rrd/data/MDS-S02/last_rec does not exists!
    alert last_rec : MDS-S03 : /opt/stor2rrd/data/MDS-S03/last_rec does not exists!
    alert last_rec : MDS-S04 : /opt/stor2rrd/data/MDS-S04/last_rec does not exists!

All graphs are empty and the totals just give this error message:

totals:DATA:totals failed ERROR: opening '/opt/stor2rrd/data/MDS-S03/total_summary.rrs': No such file or directory at /opt/stor2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl line 1668. /opt/stor2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl:698