VNX5400 - email alert

I am using the free version 2.52 and I have multiple EMC VNX5xxx SAN... One of the VNX5400 keeps sending health status event every hour but there is no health issues..  Message: (STOR2RRD Health Status event for device VNX-XXX5400).

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

what returns this command?

/opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h <VNX SPA IP> faults -list
  • Karel,

I entered the command and it returned "The array is operating normally".  Something very strange, I have been getting email once or twice every hour for the past two weeks but, I haven't received any last night.. I haven't changed anything.. Not sure why it stops suddenly.

Thank you.

• Hi,

it is probably ok now.
    If this issue will appear again then try this command and send us the output.

• Karel,

Never mind..  I accidentally filter my email can you send me the command to enter please?

• Hi,

which command do you mean?

The actual output from the command above should be also showed in the stor2rrd GUI.
    STORAGE --> VNX alias --> Health status

This information is refreshed every 10 minutes.
  • The health status always empty and I have attached printed screen for the email alerts as well.

• Hi,

the status from the above command is there.
    "The array is operating normally"

Check it again when you will receive new alert. You should see the reason why you received alert.

Here is an example from our lab:

/opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h 192.168.1.1 faults -list
    Faulted Subsystem:  VNXControl1
    Bus 0 Enclosure 0 : Faulted
    Bus 0 Enclosure 0 Disk 2 : Removed
    Bus 0 Enclosure 0 SPS A : Faulted
    Bus 0 Enclosure 0 SPS B : Faulted

• Ok, I will do that as soon as I received new alert.. Thank you!
  • Okay, I think the problem might be something to do with SPA.. When I executed the /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h SPA-IP  faults -list, it takes forever to get the output but SPB-IP almost Instantaneously. What do you think?