Many RRD graphs show "cmd file does not contain data source files: /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/tmp/..."

Hello,

I have the virtual LPAR+STOR machine installed (it is 'now' running as a client on a Hyper-V host (been this way for almost 2 YEARS now and works a treat!) and have upgraded to the latest of each version (LAPR is 6.02 and STOR is 2.52. For both RRDTOOL is 1.4.8 and RRDp is 1.4008) as they are released via the web upgrade interface (and then a reboot).

This is working well for us and displays vital information about our DS3300s, a DS3500 and now this Storwise v5030. 

We have many places where we see in place of a graph an error message (but it is almost exclusively in the 'read' and 'write' tabs). The error is

"cmd file does not contain data source files: /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/tmp/{SWIZ ALIAS}/POOL-read_io-w.cmd /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl:4669"

In such places as: 
  • "POOL read IO: last week"
  • "POOL read IO: last month"
  • "POOL read IO: last year"

However, "POOL read IO: last day" is 'fine' (Graph shows/displays data etc.). I have gone through the cmd file and sure enough there are no 'definitions' at the bottom of these files (DEF: or GPRINT: etc.)

I have deleted the Data files and even renamed the alias to ensure it is rebuilding them in a clan space but they still come up like this. 

Suggestions? Thank you!

Comments

• Cerberus128
    edited August 2019
    I do not know if this is related at all but we also have a few graphs that do not display graph but show the error: "detail graph has {SWIZ ALIAS}:POOL:used_trend failed ERROR: invalid rpn expression in: main_res-1 at /home/lpar2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/detail-graph-cgi.pl line 4674." These errors are in POOL>Capacity. thanks again for looking this over and for any help you may offer.
  • Hi,

provide us logs pls

Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com

• Thank you PAVEL!!!

The solution was obvious (once it was found), i was not waiting long enough. So I had to 're'run load.sh, such as:

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd
    rm tmp.2.52
    ./load.sh

Once complete I rebooted to be sure only one load.sh is running etc. and they are back.