Monitoring for HDS AMS arrays - not enough priviledges for stor2rrd account on the array

Hello:

Following the documentation (https://www.stor2rrd.com/Hitachi-VSPG-VSP-HUS-AMS-monitoring.htm), I've created 'stor2rrd' account (see attached image) on a Hitachi AMS2500 array (Administrator, View Only) and on the connectivity step it fails with this message:

DMEC002157: You do not have sufficient privileges. Please contact the Account Administrator and confirm your access privileges.

Bellow are the steps and the output from each command:

# auaccountenv -set -uid stor2rrd -authentication
Please input password.
Password:
Unit Name                                                        Result
AMS2500                                                          Succeed
The account information has been set successfully.
# auunitref
Name                                                             Group            Type     Construction Connection Type Error Monitoring Communication Type IP Address/Host Name/Device Name
AMS2500                                                                           AMS2500  Dual         TCP/IP(LAN)     Enable           Secure             <ctl0_IP>                           <ctl1_IP>
# auunitinfo -unit AMS2500
DMEC002157: You do not have sufficient privileges. Please contact the Account Administrator and confirm your access privileges.

Please advise.

Comments

• Hi,

we see that for the first time. This procedure normally works.
    Can you contact Hitachi support?

• Apologies. Double checked my work: the account was defined with "Account Admin (View Only)". Changed that to "Storage Administrator (View Only)" and it works as designed.

Thank you very much for your help in this matter.
  • ok, I just highlight in the docu to make it more visible for others