AS400 Agent jobs ending immediately

Hello,

We have installed LPAR2RRD agent on AS400, installation was successfull with no error but when we start the agent on  AS400, jobs RTV_SYSSTS and SND_SYSSTS are ending immediately with no error.

what could be the reason for this?

Comments

• Hello,

no any error or any visible reason?
    What is your version of operating system?
    Is affected just one lpar?
  • Hello Pavel,

Please find my comments below.

no any error or any visible reason? >>No Error
    What is your version of operating system?>> V6R1
    Is affected just one lpar? >>Yes, it is affected to one lpar only, we have installed on other lpars as well but no issue.

• hello,

please, after unsuccesfull start lpar2rrd agent enter command: 

WRKSBMJOB

Opt  Job                       User                 Type  
      5     RTV_SYSSTS   LPAR2RRD    BATCH 
      5      SND_SYSSTS  LPAR2RRD    BATCH  ..

Opt.

5=Work with

4. Work with spooled files  ... info ...

• Hi Pavel,

I have attached the logs.

Please check.

• At the end of your log you see

Job 732273/LPAR2RRD/RTV_SYSSTS started on 23/11/16 at  10:28:36 in subsystem LPAR2RRD in LPAR2RRD. Job entered system on 23/11/16 at 10:28:36.     

Job 732273/LPAR2RRD/RTV_SYSSTS ended on 23/11/16 at 10:28:36; 0,010 seconds used; end code 0       

Job 732274/LPAR2RRD/SND_SYSSTS started on 23/11/16 at 10:28:37 in subsystem LPAR2RRD in LPAR2RRD. Job entered system on 23/11/16 at 10:28:37.                                                              

Job 732274/LPAR2RRD/SND_SYSSTS ended on 23/11/16 at 10:28:37; 0,009 seconds used; end code 0 

Please, start these command and send us all spool files.

wrkjob 732273/LPAR2RRD/RTV_SYSSTS

wrkjob 732274/LPAR2RRD/SND_SYSSTS

4. Work with spooled files

and send me all spool files.

• Hi Pavel,

Please find the attached spool files

• Hi,

Description:

For both programs the  problem is the same. Programs are not possible to retrieve pointer to user space PH_USRSPC *LIBL  by QUSPTRUS API.

1/ Check this user space as a object  and check authority of LPAR2RRD user profile to this object.

have a look to QAUDJRN  autit journal T AF entry to this object

2/ Check WRKSYSVAL  QALWUSRDMN

Note:If the allow user domain (QALWUSRDMN) system value contains only the QTEMP library, you can use only the user space APIs to create and manipulate user domain spaces in library QTEMP. You cannot use the Retrieve Pointer to User Space API.

If the shipped value is not  *ALL read description of this Value and correct it to be suitable for your system and LPAR2RRD agent could by started.

• Hi, I am a newbie here.
    I have successfully installed IBMi-agent 1.1.5. on two LPARS.
    On the third IBMi LPAR I had the same problem as described in "Is not possible to connect after upgrade agent ibm i v1.1.1" post, so I replaced the C_RTVSTS program as instructed there and I solved the problem.
    The real problem occurred on the fourth IBMi LPAR. I did everything as is described in installation documentation. The ping and the telnet (on 8162) at LPAR2RRD server works fine. But the server did not receive anything from IBMi. I tried to restore the C_RTVSTS, but after the connection appears to be established, the SND_SYSSTS ends with code 0. 
    I will attached a part of the spool file:

Message . . . . :   IF: C_SNDSTS  - connection Established()                         
       29/01/19  11:14:26.169348  C_SNDSTS     LPAR2RRD    *STMT    C_SNDSTS    LPAR2RRD 
    From module . . . . . . . . :   C_SNDSTS                                             
    From procedure  . . . . . . :   main                                                 
    Statement . . . . . . . . . :   545                                                  
    To module . . . . . . . . . :   C_SNDSTS                                             
    To procedure  . . . . . . . :   main                                                 
    Statement . . . . . . . . . :   545                                                  
    Message . . . . :   ER: C_SNDSTS  - QTQCVRT API FB 0004/0001                         
       29/01/19  11:14:26.172183  QWTMCEOJ     QSYS        014A     *EXT                 
    Message . . . . :   Job 526139/LPAR2RRD/SND_SYSSTS ended on 29/01/19 at              
      11:14:26; .011 seconds used; end code 0 .                                          
    Cause . . . . . :   Job 526139/LPAR2RRD/SND_SYSSTS completed on 29/01/19 at          

I will appreciate further instructions.
    Thank you! 
  • Hi,

it could be a problem on the server side.
    send us logs directory from lpar2rrd server:

cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd  # or where is your LPAR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.lpar2rrd.com
    You might even attach screenshots when it helps in under

• Dinus
    edited February 2019
    Ths is the joblog.
    After the connection is established, the job ends.
  • Dinus
    edited February 2019
    The LPAR2RRD server "captured" just one probe.
  • Hi,

Please start RTV_SYSSTS  CLEAR(*YES)

parameter CLEAR is Additional Parameters F10,  for explanation use F1.

• Dinus
    edited February 2019
    Hi, Pavel!
    Thank you very much for your support.
    It was not necessary to start RTV_SYSSTS  CLEAR(*YES). One of my colleagues has applied some cumulative PTFs packages. Now the C_SNDSTS appears to be Established.
    It seems to works just fine. I will monitor it few day and I will keep you informed in case of problems.
    Thank you again!