load_alert errors

Hello,
can anyone help with the issue i have when trying to run load_alert.sh on AIX, please?
I'd like to monitor cpu pool utilization. Error is:

Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl line 1144.
Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl line 1153.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /opt/freeware/lib/perl/5.8.8/RRDp.pm line 168.
Tue Nov 20 11:02:38 2018: /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl failed: ERROR: the first entry to fetch should be after 1980 (-600) at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl line 1429

lpar2rrd version is 4.91
config entry is:
POOL:AIX-SERVER-NAME:DefaultPool:80%:1%:::mail@address.com

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

there was a bug in the latest version 5.07 for CPU pool alerting, but I am not sure if it is something what affecting even you. Message "ERROR: the first entry to fetch should be after 1980 (-600)"  we see for the first time.
    However start with it anyway and let us known.

Use this as a fix.
            http://www.lpar2rrd.com/download/alrt.pl.gz
            Gunzip it and copy to /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin (755, lpar2rrd owner)
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 lpar2rrd lpar2rrd 105500 Apr 12 08:20 bin/alrt.pl
            If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv alrt.pl.gz alrt.pl
            Assure that file size is same as above listed one

• Hi Pavel,
    i tried with the file you've provided but the issue still exists.
    Here is the load_alert.sh output:
    (...)
    fetching HMC    ... shared pools
    info                   ... Probably no shared CPU pools are supported or configured
    Working for      .... POOL:AIX-SERVER-NAME:DefaultPool:2%:1%:::mail@address.com
    ERROR        /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl failed: ERROR: the first entry to fetch should be after 1980 (-60) at /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl line 1429 : 
    An error occured in lpar2rrd, check /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/logs/error.log-alrt and output of load.sh

Correct output from the lpar2rrd server (v5.07) i have installed in the meantime 
    (...)
    fetching HMC   shared pools
    fetching HMC   shared pool list
    inserted            pool_sh 49 record(s)
    And mail alert received.

I'll try to do some tests on a new lpar2rrd server with data from the old one and share results here.

Thanks
  • what about other pools than DefaultPool.
    Can you try "CPU pool" instead?