XtremIO - issue with collecting data

Hello Team,
I done the upgrade of our VM, where we have stor2rrd. Now i see we have an issue with data from the XtremIO (see alerts bellow):

Wed Nov 27 10:18:56 2019: Request error: read timeout at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 257. :
Sat Nov 30 09:55:36 2019: Cannot continue! Last stat timestamp does not exists! /stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/xtremioperf.pl:142 :
Sat Nov 30 10:25:34 2019: Cannot continue! Last stat timestamp does not exists! /stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/xtremioperf.pl:142 :
Sat Nov 30 10:55:35 2019: Cannot continue! Last stat timestamp does not exists! /stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/xtremioperf.pl:142 :
Sat Nov 30 11:25:35 2019: Cannot continue! Last stat timestamp does not exists! /stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/xtremioperf.pl:142 :

I have the last version of the XMS (6.2.2-4) with the rest api 3.1
On the XMS i see all data are collected from the XtremIO arrays. Any idea how i can resolve this issue?

Regards,
Darius

Comments

• Hello Dariusz,

Send us logs pls. 
    Note a short problem description in the text field of the upload form.

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    tar cvhf logs.tar logs tmp/*txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us logs.tar.gz via https://upload.stor2rrd.com
  • Hi Karel,
    Thanks for response. Logs uploaded do the web page.

Regards,
  • Hi Dariusz,

it looks like XMS stopped providing data through REST API after upgrade.

Can you try to restart XMS server?

We have also in our records this solution, which helped one of our users:

There's a bug in the XMS 6.x version. According to EMC support, the fix is redeploying the XMS. I did that and it's working now.

If this 2 solutions above will not help, then you can try troubleshooting described here:
    https://forum.xorux.com/discussion/comment/2369#Comment_2369
    NOTE: script xtremio-test-cluster-perf.pl is already included in stor2rrd releases, you can find it here: /stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin

• Hi,
    I was reboot the VM and nothing help :(
    i was try to use script but i get this output:

[stor2rrd@xxx stor2rrd]$ perl bin/xtremio-test-cluster-perf.pl 10.1x1.xx.xx 443 XxxxO-xxxx-WRO stor2rrd PASSSWORD
    Can't locate JSON.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../lib ../bin /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at bin/xtremio-test-cluster-perf.pl line 10.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bin/xtremio-test-cluster-perf.pl line 10.

Regards,
  • Hi Karel,
    I found the issue, look at CPU on the XMS VM...

The 1st reboot was did not help, but the 2nd reboot, start the XMS machine and now i see the new performance data on the Stor2rrd.

Regards,