200: SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position:1

Cerberus128
edited October 2019 in LPAR2RRD
Hello,

I have a new issue. I upgraded to latest LAPR2RRD 3 weeks ago (as soon it was announced) and it has been working well. I love the new dynamic dashboard! When I checked the system today, I was presented with this error message:

There was an error on menu JSON generation

200: SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position:1

Please collect logs and send that file to developers via secured upload service.

Software error:garbage after JSON object, at character offset 53744 (before "menukey" : "a28511c"...") at ../bin/Users.pm line 94.

There are NO menus I can use to move, there is only this message. I cannot even use the gear widget (upper right) to show current user or version or any of that... 

Update: I *CANNOT* upload anything, the link says "The requested URL /lpar2rrd-cgi/collect_logs.sh was not found on this server.' I need to ssh in and look about and will update this shortly.

Peter

Comments

• Server 'looks' fine. I am able to ssh in successfully. I can also move along and see files and folders and it looks like they are 'all there'. Logs are up to date (updated within the last 10 minutes) . Processes look to be running fine. Should I reboot (or will that complicate things?) 
  • Hi,

Looks like corrupted etc/web_config/users.json

can you send it to us? Without passwords (send it to support at lpar2rrd.com )
    grep -iv passwd etc/web_config/users.json

meanwhile there should be a backup copy of that file in
    ls -l etc/.web_config/users.json-*

1. make backup of actual one
    cp etc/web_config/users.json etc/web_config/users.json-bad

2. rever back the latest one
    cp etc/.web_config/users.json-<timestamp> etc/web_config/users.json

Are you on AIX or Linux

• hello, Linux. I will go get that file promptly. thanks!
  • I have restored the last 'backup' file and that has restored my menus. Thank you! I have also sent the users.json file to support.
  • we most probably know how to prevent such corruption in the future.

There will be an enhancement in coming version 2.61 which should prevent such corruption again, upgrade to it as soon as it is released:

https://www.stor2rrd.com/note260.htm?6.5