3PAR CLI

Hi,
In the 3PAR installation section, you mentioned that we should have 3PAR CLI package for 3PAR 3.2.2 MU4 and higher. The package you mentioned was 3PAR_INFORMOS_3.2.2_MU4_CLI_SNMP_QR482-11192.iso. Is it OK if we use this one instead:
3PAR_INFORMOS_3.2.2_MU2_CLI_SNMP_QR482-11192.iso 

(MU2 instead of MU4)?

Comments

• Hi,

yes, that was only example.
  • Cyraxan
    edited October 2022

Hello. I downloaded the fresh xorux 7.50 OVF, I am trying to install the 3PAR CLI to monitor 3PAR 7200 3.2.2 MU6 as described in https://stor2rrd.com/HPE-3PAR-MSA-XP7-NIMBLE-StoreOnce-monitoring.php and I ran into a problem.

I installed the prerequisites (dnf install zlib.i686 glibc.i686 nss-softokn-freebl.i686 unzip), but the setup.bin fails with an error:

[root@xorux linux]# ./setup.bin

Preparing to install...

Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...

Unpacking the JRE...

Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...

Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

As far as I understand, the JRE bundled with setup.bin (unpacks to /tmp/install.dir.5039/Linux/resource/jre/bin/*) is a issue, if i try to run

"/tmp/install.dir.5039/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java --version" it says same

There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

I tried both 3PAR_INFORM_OS_3.2.2_MU4_CLI_SNMP_QR482-11192.iso and 3PAR_INFORMOS_3.2.2_MU6_CLI_SNMP_QR482-11287.iso, no success.

• Hi,

your right, even we are unable to install 3par CLI on RHEL 8 based Linux. RHEL 7 is fine.

We are in touch with HPE support ... will let you know late on.

However you might try REST API access if your 3par firmware is not the historic one.

• Hi,

STOR2RRD 7.50 is running on Rocky Linux 8 (open-source linux distribution 100% compatible with RHEL 8).

HPE 3PAR CLI 3.2.2 and 3.3.1 are not supported on RHEL 8. (The installation tool is using old version of Java.)

You need HPE 3PAR Tools 3.3.2.

Confirmed by HPE and tested (3PAR CLI 3.3.2 MU1 with STOR2RRD 7.50).