Add LAN Device

when adding a LAN device to stor2rd after 2 hours, it appears in the list of LAN switches.

but now I waiting more 3days till now not appeared in the list, connection, and API it's OK

You can see the screen below:

Comments

• LAN is unlimited

• Hi Ahmed,

try the snmpwalk command from the second screenshot in the command line.

It should return a name of this switch, but in your case it returns "No more variables...".

What is a model and firmware of this switch?

• Ahmed
    edited October 2023

could you please provide the command I will write in the Xorux appliance.

• That's not what I asked for.

•     Model                                 SW Version         SW Image                

----------------------              ----------            --------------------

WS-C3560X-48P             12.2(53)SE2      C3560E-UNIVERSALK9-M       

• Hi Ahmed,

try this cmd in the cmd line and send us the output.

• Please find the output

[lpar2rrd@xorux ~]$ /usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 3 -u stor2rrd -l noAuthNoPriv -a MD5 -x DES 10.157.43.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5

SNMPv2-MIB::sysName = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

• This OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0 - sysName) should return the name of that switch.

Ask your vendor support why this is not happening.

• but we have another switch working on the SNMPv3 and get the name of SW. The same configuration applies on this SW

Also, we have SW working on SNMPv2c and getting information( only for testing).

our policy prevents us from using SNMPv2c on all our Switches.

is there any way for solving this issue without use v2

• It doesn't matter if you use SNMP v2c or v3. This OID must return the name of the switch in both cases.

It is not about stor2rrd, but about your switch which doesn't provide the required information.

• if we suppose the issue is from the switch side.Why do we get info when using SNMPv2c on the same switch if the issue is related to the OID of the switch?

• Hi Ahmed,

Does it work with SNMPv2c and not with SNMPv3 on the same switch?

Can you prove that? Send us the output for both versions.

/usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 3 -u stor2rrd -l noAuthNoPriv -a MD5 -x DES 10.157.43.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5
    /usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c <community_string> 10.157.43.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5

• Ahmed
    edited October 2023

Hi,

Yes, dear, it's working on v2, but not on v3.i mean in same Switch

the output

[lpar2rrd@xorux ~]$ /usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 3 -u stor2rrd -l noAuthNoPriv -a MD5 -x DES 10.157.43.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5

SNMPv2-MIB::sysName = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

[lpar2rrd@xorux ~]$ /usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 10.157.43.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5

SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: SWILSC-VSS-01.xxxxxxx

• Hi,

ok, I'm seeing it for the first time.

Definitely ask your vendor support why it works with SNMPv2c but not with SNMPv3. It must be something with the wrong SNMPv3 configuration on the switch. We can do nothing with that in stor2rrd when switch doesn't provide required information.

• Karel,

I appreciate your continued help and great feedback

Could you please provide me with the command SNMPv3 activation on the CIsco SW?

To compare it with what we have and apply it to our SW,

• we do not know how to activate it, check google, if that is not enabled by default

I believe there must be many "how to" docus, search like: snmp v3 enable cisco

• thank you, Pavel,

I know how to be active, but I wanted to know if there were any recommended ways to do that.

let me checking and feedback to you