SQL Server monitoring - health status page says no current data

Hi,

Found an issue on the main health status page for SQL Server (when running 1.5.0 with the other patches that I have received).

On the secondary replica that has availability databases that are non readable the last update column of the main health status page says no current data and it has not picked up the other databases that are available in the instance (for example the system databases).

This is not the case on secondary replicas where the availability databases are in read-only mode.

Comments

• Hello,

uknown status for databases we cannot connect to is expected, health status for SQLServer is more of a connection status => if we connect OK otherwise NOK. I suppose the message should be "no current health status information". In the future version you will be able to see separate tables for Connection and Data under the health status so it will be more clear.

when you say "not picked up" do you mean unknown on the health status page, but data is collected?

• In the main health page I have a list of instances and their databases.

For the SQL server instance that have some databases that are not readable I have only one row where the first column is a gray dot followed by alias, instance, last update and finally status reason. The database listed is the one I specified when adding the instance (master database). The status reason says "No current data".

Should not all databases available show up on this list?

If I drill down in the menus for that specific server I can see all the databases and for those that are not accessible no data is shown but that is expected.

• please send us logs

UI --> settings --> Logs --> support logs: follow the form

Send us generated file via https://upload.xormon.com