SQL Server monitoring - no database sizes collected except for the database entered in DB name field

Hi,

I'm evaluating Xormon NG version 1.5.0 for SQL Server monitoring and noticed that some pieces of information are only collected about the database specified in DB name field in the add new device section.

The information missing are related to database size etc and should be available under each database in the Capacity section.

There is also one graph in the overview section of each SQL Server that seems to be related to database size that only contain information about the database entered in the DB name field.

As an experiment I added multiple devices against the same SQL Server instance where the only difference that I entered different databases in the DB name field. Then information about that specific database is collected.

My conclusion is that all queries that collect system wide information is working but queries that collect information that is on the database level are only executed against the database specified when adding a new device.

Is this a known error? let me know if you need more information from me.

Thanks, Jesper

Comments

• Hello Jesper,

no, that wasn'ŧ a known issue, thanks for letting us know and testing so thoroughly.

1.Here is a patch:

https://download.xormon.com/patch/1.5-26-g08e21/sqlserver-service.pl.gz

Gunzip it and copy to this path in your Xormon application directory (755, xormon owner):

server-nest/microservices/sqlserver/

-rwxrwxr-x 1 xormon xormon 34576 Aug 13 12:12 sqlserver-service.pl

If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv sqlserver-service.pl.gz sqlserver-service.pl

Make sure the filesize is the same as in the example above

2. restart the application after as user xormon, ( Xormon application directory -> ./xormon.sh restart )

3.Let us know if it works for you as expected

• Thanks, I will test and get back to you.

• The patch you provided seems to be working.

Now I get information about all databases available on the SQL Server instance.

Thanks, I will continue with my tests and let you know if I have any other issue :)