TimeShift to UTC in lpar2rrd

Hello

We run lpar2rdd and stor2rrd on the same Linux server.

Yesterday we noticed the data in the graphs are current but the timeline in the graphs are 2 hours shifted. It looks like the rrd graphs are in UTC instead of local time (CEST).

In other words. The current data now at 10:00 are in the graphs at 08:00. We checked our TZ settings (CEST), restarted webserver and even the VM.

We have the same for all graphs in VMware-data,in Agent data and also in Baremetal Linux systems.

Actually we can't say how long but at least some month ago it was defenitly correct shown.

We are on version 7.81

Does anybody else have the same behaviour and/or a hint how to solve it?

Cheers Stefan

Comments

• what is your local time on lpar2rrd/stor2rrd server?

is it in your timezone?

Are monitored devices in your timezone?

• Hello Pavel

Yes - everything is in our local timezone - server and all clients.

• send us some screenshots to document the issue to: support at lpar2rrd dot com

• Hello all

During collection of the data for Pavel I found it myself. If someone else runs into this problem - here the issue and solution

We are running RHEL 7.9 and timedatectl showed the follwing:

Time zone: n/a (CEST, +0200)

Setting it with "timedatectl set-timezone Europe/Zurich" showed always a permission error the first time but it worked at the second stroke.

The file /etc/localtime pointed to the correct location but after some seconds timedatectl showed again "n/a" for time zone

I manually removed the link and set it by hand. Afterwards timedatectl set-timezone worked without problems and the value was kept.

rm /etc/localtime

ln -s ../usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Zurich

I restarted the WebServer and run a "load.sh html". Now everything is correct.

I have no clue why the problem with the timesetctl appeared but we have hunders of other VMs without this issue.