Health status not displayed properly on Hitachi boxes

Hello!

Reinstalled stor2rrd 7.21-14 on a fresh RHEL 7.8 server, got everything working fine, but recently discovered a weird issue with health status on Hitachi VSP storage. Health status always says "Optimal", but component list is empty. Something seems to be wrong with SNMP configuration but I can't find out what exactly.

config_check.sh displays the following:

MIB search path: /home/stor2rrd/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs

Cannot find module (VSPGx00MIB): At line 1 in (none)

I've put the VSPGx00MIB.txt in both locations but it didn't make any difference.

/home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/logs/error.log-[storage] shows this for every component:

Got -58 querying [ip] for dkcHWProcessor (1.3.6.1.4.1.116.5.11.4.1.1.6.1.2). /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/vspgperf.pl:6079

Tried to replicate the error by running snmpwalk separately and it it doesn't show any problem:

snmpwalk -v 3 -u xormonsnmp -l authPriv -A [key] -X [key] -a SHA -x AES [ip] 1.3.6.1.4.1.116.5.11.4.1.1.6.1.2

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.116.*.6.1.2.[serial] = INTEGER: 1

Comments

• Hi,

it is a known issue, however it should be fixed already in your version.

There were some other fixes/enhancements related to VSPG healt status since that version even not released yet, here is the latest build which is going to ge released next week as 7.50 https://www.stor2rrd.com/download-temp/stor2rrd-7.43-2.tar

• Unfortunately, we have more than 12 devices the free edition of stor2rrd allows and were not able to extend the support contract. 7.21 is the latest version of the Enterprise Edition I've had. Will an update to 7.43 revert it to the free edition?

• yes, upgrade to the free edition removes all enterprise features