EMC:About HealthStatus monitoring

Is it possible to change the monitoring level of HealthStatus?

I would like to monitor the HealthStatus of VMAX to detect abnormalities.

I understand that the default specification is to detect abnormalities when the severity level matches "Fatal".
Is it possible to change it so that it detects an abnormality even when the severity level matches "Critical"?

For the monitoring settings, I have set up a script in the 'menu'>'Configuration'>'alert'>'Options HW events'>'External script for alerting' section.

Comments

• Hi,

yep, we report just Fatal severity, reporting even Critical should not be a problem, it could be done on some parameter.
    Just for us understanding, what kind of errors typically you want to be alerted through Critical severity?
  • @Pavel
    Thank you for the answer.

>Just for us understanding, what kind of errors typically you want to be alerted through Critical severity?
    The alerts are detected by the service level defined on the storage side.
    When the response time limit is reached, the alert is set to critical severity.

How can I set critical severity as an alert target for the health status obtained by Stor2rrd?

• Hi,

use the following file, it is implemented there.

Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 232069 Nov  9 13:32 vmaxperf_v8.pl
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv vmaxperf_v8.pl.gz vmaxperf_v8.pl
    Assure that file size is the same as on above example

It is necessary to set this variable:

cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd # or where is your STOR2RRD working dir
    echo "export VMAX_CRITICAL_ALERTS=1" >> etc/.magic

Let us know if it works. Thanks.