choose from what hmc collects data

There is some way to tell the application which of the hmcs we have connected to the pSeries is collecting the data.In the case that one of the pSystems is not accessible in one of the hmcs (because its state is incomplete)

Comments

• Hi,

no, there is not such kind of alerting implemented
  • There's no way you can just collect data from one of the hmcs

• Iam affraid I do not understand the question, pls describe it more
  • The chassis is connected to two hmcs (redundant). We can indicate somehow to the software that it only collects the statistics of one of the two hmcs (the one that is correctly connected) so that the graphs of the chassis will come out.

• still not clear, you can connect one or even 2 HMCs, result will be same in the UI.
  • The lpar2rrd application has the two hmc's connected so that data is collected from the two hmc's

• yes

is one of them goes down for any reason you still have the other one which still collecting data and graphs will be without gaps
    I am talking about dual HMC setup.
  • We have the application configured in this way but it doesn't get the graphics out of the system that is in the wrong state in one of the two hmcs
  • do you say that it does not work when one HMC is not available?
  • We haven't received data from that chassis since the condition of the chassis is incomplete in one of the two hmcs
  • I styill do not understand it, what do you mean by"condition of the chassis is incomplete in one of the two hmcs"

How inclomplete? What does it mean incomplete? failed, what is failed, HMC, frame, HW, SW , I am totally lost and not moving ahead, wasting my time just
  • The incomplete state is shown in the hmc state. Since the chassis has an error.
    Our question is in case one of the hmc's loses the connection of one of the chais. There is a way to tell lpar2rrd to only extract the data from one of the two connected hmc's. In order not to lose the graphs.

I don't know if I have expressed myself better this time.

• Hi,

in case of dual HMC setup connect both HMCs to lpar2rrd.
    In case one HMC fails lpar2rrd still uses data from the second HMC and there will not be any gap in graphs.

Does that answer your question?
  • The fact of linking the 2 HMC's that manage the same IBM servers to avoid losing metrics in the event of an eventual incident with any HMC. Duplicate servers are deployed in "Configuration - Servers", through REST API.