LPAR2RRD Docker To LPAR2RRD Server - Migration (Using VMWare Component Only)

Good Day,

We have been using the container version of LPAR2RRD and have now commissioned a VM to run the latest version. Container Version is 4.x. I would like to know :

1) If I do not import / copy old data, how far back would LPAR2RRD automatically collect data from ?
2) Should I choose to import / copy data, would the fact that it was collected via version 4.x have any impact ?

Much appreciated.

Shaun

Comments

• Hi,

I suppose you use same OS level architecture on source and target (like Linux x86 vrs Linux x86 etc)
    if so the migration is easy. If not then it is much more complicated, we can provide you a script and a procedure but only if you were our customer.

Same architecture:
    1. Install & configure new LPAR2RRD instance in the same way as original one (same vcenter aliases, same directory)
    2. start LPAR2RRD server on the new server to assure it is working and collecting data (then comment it out in crontab)
    2. copy over data directory (/home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/data), use tar for example
    3. allow crontab on the new machine

After next load.sh you should see all history

4. stop lpar2rrd on the source machine

Does not really matter about versions, you can use 4.x as the source and install 5.x on the new server.