Feature Requests (VM Network details, Custom Groups)

Hi,

first of all we use your great product for san and storage! Thanks for this! So today I checked the lpar2rrd for our vmware environment.

I have two requests that would be neat:

1. More VM Network Details like recieved, transmit
2. Please implement for creating custom groups VMware Folders and VMware Tags

Thanks

Comments

• Pavel
    edited February 2017
    Hi,

1. there are details read/write (receiv/transmit) per each VM and ESXi. What else do you suggest?
    2. do you mean enhance custom groups of VMs about memory/network/disk stats? It will happen, hopefully next version.

BTW regarding VMware there will be big changes in the next version (Apr). It will use only real time data therefore back end data gathering from vCenter will be much much faster and we will have all counters what we need (no more play with VMware counters setup). Also some analytic stuff above collected performance data will come and together with additional perf metrics (graphs)

• hochstic
    edited February 2017
    On the VM/Net view i have only the overall usage and no recive/transmit:

On the Custom groups I can create a group from a Cluster or select the single VMs. I would like the be able to group VMs from a VMware Folder or VMware Tag. I could add multiple VMs much easier.
  • Hi,

looks like you do not have sufficient counter level on below 2 counters:
    http://lpar2rrd.com/VMware-counters.htm

Network:usage:KBps                net.usage.average               1    only when Net:read is not available
    Network:received:KBps            net.received.average           1   
    Network:transmitted:KBps        net.transmitted.average       1   

Note that coming new version  (March 2017) will not need any VMware counter adjustments as it will work with real-time data only which contain data for all metrics.