VIOS lost

Hello,
there was an issue with connectivity to SSP LUNs on both VIOSs. After an accident both VIOSs were moved into removed.
The CPU tab was the only not populated tab.
I've found plenty of messages in error.log-hmc_rest_api like:
Tue Feb  8 19:20:37 2022 500:Error occurred while querying for ViosStorage from VIOS s824a5v with ID 5 in System 8286-42A*XXXXXXX -  The system is currently too busy to complete the specified request. Plea
se retry the operation at a later time. If the operation continues to fail, check the error log to see if the filesystem is full.  File: /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/hmc_rest_api.pl:2776

Could you help me to resolve the issue.

Comments

• Hi,

We've seen this few times and one of these helped:

1)
    To resolve the issue: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1024482
    There is a description we got from our customer and how they resolved it. Not sure if it's the same case but it might help you.

After upgrading the VIOS to 3.1, the /etc/netsvc.conf file is replaced with a default, so any previous entries are lost.  In all AIX servers, including VIOS, if the server’s hostname is not in the DNS, the server cannot even resolve its own hostname (even if it’s in the local /etc/hosts file), without the following entry in /etc/netsvc.conf:

hosts=local,bind4  (assuming TCPIP v4).

After adding that entry and refreshing the vio daemons and running /usr/sbin/slibclean, all worked great!

2)
    VIO Server is unable to communicate with it's own database, so it can not return any result to the HMC.
    Please, follow point 2. from the below IBM Tech Note to stop and start the vio daemon:
  • Thank you.
    I've executed cleanup_cmdb_with_logging.sh on both VIOSs.
    And after "load.sh html" both VIOS's came back.