Graphs are not attached when alert emails are sent.

Under [ Menu > Alerts > Configuration > Alerting configuration > Subsys/Metric ], I selected [resp time read] and [resp time write] .

No graph is attached to either [resp time read] or [resp time write].
When I ran a test alert with [resp time read] set, the following error was output.
Please let me know if there is a way to resolve the error.

ERROR   : devicename:volumename:read_io: RRD file read problem: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd ERROR: No DS called 'read_io' in '/home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd' at /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/AlertStor2rrd.pm line 3815.  
ERROR   : devicename:volumename:resp_t_r: RRD file read problem: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd ERROR: No DS called 'read_io' in '/home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd' at /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/AlertStor2rrd.pm line 3815.  
:
ERROR   : devicename:volumename:resp_t_r: RRD file read problem: /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd ERROR: No DS called 'read_io' in '/home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/data/devicename/VOLUME/volumename.rrd' at /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/AlertStor2rrd.pm line 3815.

※The rrd file exists and in the GUI the graph show.

Comments

• what storage type is it about?

• Thank you for your comment.
    The storage type is "EMC VPLEX".
  • Hi,

there is no read/write IO for volumes available for VPLEX, just total IOPS is available
    Storage do not provide them, do not use it, response read/write time are fine, data throughput read/write is also fine

• Thank you for your answer.

The problem I asked about is that when I set up an alert for the [resp time (read/write)] value in Volume, the graph was not attached to the alert email.
    Please refer to the attached image of the actual alert email.

On the GUI of Stor2, the graph is displayed.
    Please refer to the second attached image.

Please let me know if there is a way to solve the problem when the graph is not attached to the alert email.
  • Hi,

use this file as a fix:

Gunzip it and copy to /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin (755, stor2rrd owner)
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 stor2rrd stor2rrd 177998 Nov 30 15:12 AlertStor2rrd.pm
    If your web browser gunzips it automatically then just rename it: mv AlertStor2rrd.pm.gz AlertStor2rrd.pm
    Assure that file size is the same as on above example

Let us know if it helped. Thanks.

• After replacing the file, I was able to confirm that the graph was attached to the email.

Thank you for your answer.