Vios Cpu graph not displayed

jmgg12
edited January 2020 in LPAR2RRD
hi all, 

I since had to reboot a Vios, cpu graph is now not displayed, 
i'm on 6.11 version , 
in the data / server / hmc folder, i can see that cpu.mmm and other files are updated regularly, so the agent is ok and sends data, 

my Vios is now in the "removed" folder , i don't know what's wrong ....

thanks in advance, 

Comments

• Hello,

this could happen when vios is not present in cpu.cfg file. Let me see your logs then.
    cd /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd # or where is your LPAR2RRD working directory
    ls -l data/*/*/cpu.cfg > tmp/cpu_cfg.txt
    tar cvf logs.tar logs tmp/*.txt
    gzip -9 logs.tar

Send us the logs.tar.gz via https://upload.lpar2rrd.com/
  • Hi jan_dvorak, 

yes , i was working on this point, i tried to manually add vios in cpu.cfg ,  so in GUI it's no longer in the removed folder , 

but , when running  load_hmc_rest_api.sh ,  the vios line is removed from the new generated cpu.cfg .....with an error in the hmc_rest_api log => 

lpars not found in /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/data/Server7-8247-21L-SN214288A/10.125.5.198/cpu.cfg (empty file?): 10.125.5.198:Server7-8247-21L-SN214288A:Vios7_S812L-88A : /home/lpar2rrd/lpar2rrd/bin/alrt.pl:1268

hmc connection test  is ok when testing from the GUI , other LPARs on this server are ok except this vios
  • Hi @jmgg12 ,

there might be some issue when generating this cpu.cfg file. Send me the logs and I'll take a look into your issue.

• logs sent , 

thanks
  • I see this in your error log. We faced this issue in past.

Error 500:Unknown internal error.:Error occurred while querying for VirtualMediaRepository from VIOS V**** with ID 1 in System 0000-00A*000000A -  Unable to connect to Database-
    To resolve issue: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1024482

Let us know if that is the case.
  • hi, 

the script fixed the problem , data in graph are now displayed, it cleans CMDB first stopping viosd subsystem, and restarting it

many thanks